Monday, May 10, 2010

"April Showers Bring......" by Schizokeet

Arlington, VA
Number: 102

This wasn't the box I headed out to find. I was actually looking for Paper Trail's Spooky series, but there was construction going on at the entrance of the park where that began. I even parked my car and walked down the loooooooong driveway, but when I got there, I thought about it and wondered if I had left my car in the staging area for the construction. So I walked back up the hill and sure enough, there was a front-loader filling up with stuff. So I got back in my car and drove off. According to the signs, it should be finished this weekend, so next week I'm going to have another go at it.

Since I was in Arlington, I checked to see what else was close-by and found this one. I did pass the driveway and had to drive all the way around the block but finally got in. It was a nice walk, paralleling the W & OD trail. As I was walking, I thought some of the landmarks sounded familiar, like from the Spooky series. I went to get the clues, but of course they were back in the car. It's okay. This was a nice little walk, got a little history lesson too. And found an absolutely delightful stamp, including pencils so that I could color it in right then and there. It was so peaceful and quiet. I just sat on the hill, listened to the brook flowing past below and colored to my heart's content.

No comments:

Post a Comment